4.6L 4v Tech for the 4V Cobra motors and Mach 1

Denso Iridium, What will these plugs do for my engine?

Old 02-16-2005, 06:45 AM
  #1  
CMOC Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
gfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,785
Denso Iridium, What will these plugs do for my engine?

Denso Iridium spark plugs read about them, heard about them. Will they add anything to my car over the stock plug that is in there right now?

Car is not winter driven. Daily driver, raced on weekends. Forget cost, what or where will I see improvements if any? short term/long term? I will never add a power booster, always N/A.

Please, if I want to purchase them, I will search you out, I am looking for advice or feedback just now. Thanks.
gfong is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 AM
  #2  
BIZ
CMOC Supreme poster
iTrader: (4)
 
BIZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L-Town
Posts: 2,426
They added 8 RWHP (dyno proven) to Venom's car in our club (03Cobra) after all his mods...I will be adding these next month...want to do a group buy...lmfao!!! j/k
BIZ is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 08:51 AM
  #3  
CMOC Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 126
For what they are, it's a very expensive way to gain very little, unless you are running alot (20+ psi) of boost.
Khaine is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 08:56 AM
  #4  
CMOC Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
gfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,785
lol, yea set me up with 4 for now I put them in the odd firing order sequence to see if they are better than the originals if they work good it may be [email protected] on drinking my coffee on every odd plug fire. drum roll... and hold the taxes for Biz. lol

I read that they are really good for boosted cars like your friends and yours. Not sure on a N/A app though.
gfong is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 09:19 AM
  #5  
CMOC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 536
You can use them in a N/A vehicle no problem...but I would never put anything other than a copper plug in a power adder application
P.Meister is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 09:29 AM
  #6  
CMOC Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
gfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,785
Originally Posted by [email protected]
You can use them in a N/A vehicle no problem...but I would never put anything other than a copper plug in a power adder application
You say I can use them! Will they be any better over the stock plugs that I have now? Will I see feel anything if I switch in your opinion?
gfong is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 AM
  #7  
CMOC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 536
Most debates over plugs is usually copper .vs. platinum and I ALWAYS suggest going with Copper. The same theorys exist for Copper .vs. Iridium.

On a blower car, I won't tune it unless it is running a specific copper motorcfrat plug. On a N/A car I highly suggest it as well, but it is not as important.

Copper is a much better conductor of electricity than other materials, but at a cost: it wears out sooner.

My opinion,

Use a copper plug on an N/A engine and replace them every 15-20k.

On a blower car every 5-10K miles should be your replacement interval.
P.Meister is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 09:48 AM
  #8  
CMOC Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
gfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,785
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Most debates over plugs is usually copper .vs. platinum and I ALWAYS suggest going with Copper. The same theorys exist for Copper .vs. Iridium.

On a blower car, I won't tune it unless it is running a specific copper motorcfrat plug. On a N/A car I highly suggest it as well, but it is not as important.

Copper is a much better conductor of electricity than other materials, but at a cost: it wears out sooner.

My opinion,

Use a copper plug on an N/A engine and replace them every 15-20k.

On a blower car every 5-10K miles should be your replacement interval.
"Your opinion", that is what I was looking for. thanks for the info, Paul.
gfong is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 11:31 AM
  #9  
CMOC Addict
 
03GreyMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: on the bottom!
Posts: 711
Originally Posted by gfong
Denso Iridium spark plugs read about them, heard about them. Will they add anything to my car over the stock plug that is in there right now?

Car is not winter driven. Daily driver, raced on weekends. Forget cost, what or where will I see improvements if any? short term/long term? I will never add a power booster, always N/A.

Please, if I want to purchase them, I will search you out, I am looking for advice or feedback just now. Thanks.
Watch the CT flyer, I picked up a set for my mach. 14.00 a pair on sale.

Cheers.
03GreyMach1 is offline  
Old 02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
  #10  
CMOC Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
gfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 1,785
Were they Denso's or NGK's? Good deal either way. Thanks
gfong is offline  

Quick Reply: Denso Iridium, What will these plugs do for my engine?


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.