V6 exhaust - Page 3 - Canadian Mustang Owners Club - Ford Mustang Forums


V6 & 2.3L Discussion forum for the V6 & 2.3L Mustangs

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #21  
CMOC Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Abbptsford
Posts: 39
i have a v6 and i have mangaflow dual and it sounds pretty good and it doesnt give me a headache and went i get into the pedal doesnt sound that bad but flow master is a very good option aswell i had flow master on my old 5.0 it sounded awsome
ponyrideordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:18 AM   #22  
CMOC Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 18
Any suggestions for aftermarket pipes for a 2012 6cyl ? It feels like I'm in the wrong page here as last comments were five years ago. Would appreciate any suggestions anyway.
Thanks
Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #23  
CMOC Postaholic
 
roddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince Edward County,ON
Posts: 1,007
It is hard to make a V6 sound good. Your best bet is to stay with something on the milder side. The older 3.8/3.9 were 90 degree V6s, and could be made to sound pretty good. The newer 4.0 and 3.7 are 60 degree engines, and have a higher toned, more raspy sound. It is best to keep that under wraps if possible. I have experimented quite a bit with the exhaust on my 4.0, and have settled on an X-pipe and a pair of Magnaflow axle-backs. They have been on the car for 3 or 4 years now, and I like them. They're reasonably quiet, don't drone inside the car, and do a good job of killing the buzz/rasp. They have a nice deep tone.
roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #24  
Moderator
 
ChadStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Slave Lake, AB
Posts: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Any suggestions for aftermarket pipes for a 2012 6cyl ? It feels like I'm in the wrong page here as last comments were five years ago. Would appreciate any suggestions anyway.
Thanks
I always thought MBRP sounded good on the 3.7

ChadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #25  
CMOC Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 18
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadStang View Post


I always thought MBRP sounded good on the 3.7

https://youtu.be/srYtt3WMIK0
I am definitely going to check that out, that sounded perfect, not too loud, and none of the raspiness.
Thank you for that info, much appreciated.
L
Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #26  
CMOC Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 18
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
It is hard to make a V6 sound good. Your best bet is to stay with something on the milder side. The older 3.8/3.9 were 90 degree V6s, and could be made to sound pretty good. The newer 4.0 and 3.7 are 60 degree engines, and have a higher toned, more raspy sound. It is best to keep that under wraps if possible. I have experimented quite a bit with the exhaust on my 4.0, and have settled on an X-pipe and a pair of Magnaflow axle-backs. They have been on the car for 3 or 4 years now, and I like them. They're reasonably quiet, don't drone inside the car, and do a good job of killing the buzz/rasp. They have a nice deep tone.
Thanks for the fast response, I have noticed that my car has gotten a bit louder after some miles on it and it's almost close to what I would like. I will check out the Magnaflow and the MBRP pipes as well.
I'll let you know if I choose one of these options. Thanks again for your helpful comments.
L
Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #27  
CMOC Postaholic
 
roddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince Edward County,ON
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadStang View Post


I always thought MBRP sounded good on the 3.7

https://youtu.be/srYtt3WMIK0
It's really hard to tell from a video, but that sounds very much like the Magnaflow system from what I can hear. Just an FYI...MBRP is a Canadian company based in Huntsville Ontario. They build exhaust for just about anything. I had one of their pipes on a 400EX sport ATV years ago, and the quality/welding was top notch.
roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #28  
Moderator
 
ChadStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Slave Lake, AB
Posts: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
I am definitely going to check that out, that sounded perfect, not too loud, and none of the raspiness.
Thank you for that info, much appreciated.
L
Let us know if you decide to order it!
ChadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:05 AM   #29  
CMOC Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 18
Thanks for the info Roddy, I'll do a little research on it, and will let everyone know. Thanks Chadstang, I will post when I put my order in. I recall Slave Lake when I worked on the rigs back in '65, I'll bet things look a lot different up there now.
L
Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #30  
Moderator
 
ChadStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Slave Lake, AB
Posts: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Thanks for the info Roddy, I'll do a little research on it, and will let everyone know. Thanks Chadstang, I will post when I put my order in. I recall Slave Lake when I worked on the rigs back in '65, I'll bet things look a lot different up there now.
L
65 is way before my time but in the 20 years Iíve been here itís changed a lot.
ChadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
side exit exhaust StealthGT Mustang Related Want To Buy 4 07-31-2006 06:12 AM
Southern Ontario Exhaust shops? 89LXBlack General Mustang Tech & Chat 10 02-27-2005 08:33 PM
which exhaust to go with AIRRIDE General Mustang Tech & Chat 6 12-28-2004 10:12 PM
Which exhaust? 89LXBlack General Mustang Tech & Chat 21 12-24-2004 08:48 PM
my exhaust clip thepunisher General Mustang Tech & Chat 2 11-19-2004 09:27 PM


Tags
2007, exhaust

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.