times? - Canadian Mustang Owners Club - Ford Mustang Forums

5.0L Ford Mustang 5.0L discussion area for heads, rebuilding, tuning, idle issues and all other modifications and performance parts.

times?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-16-2007, 04:31 PM
  #1  
CMOC Rookie
Thread Starter
 
wheelliftin351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK
Posts: 125
times?

since stock 351's are good for low 13's to low 12's in the 1/4. how do ya think i would do with this setup?

1990 mustang lx coupe
351 windsor

engine
-edelbrock performer intake
-600cfm edelbrock carb
-k&n air filter
-hooker LT headers
-MSD ignition

tranny
-stock torque converter, C4 3-spd
-line lock (didnt know what heading to put it under lol)

suspension
-3.55 gears
-90/10 and 50/50 lakewood struts
-UPR upper and lower adj. control arms
-sub frame connectors
-4 cylinder springs
-welded boxes
-air bags, 5lbs driver, 12lbs passenger

weight removed
-no front sway bar
-no a/c or heater
-no spare tire/ jack

rims and tires
-centerline convo pro aluminum rims, 15x8...4.5" backspacing rear, 15x4....1-3/4 backspacing front, 255/60/15 M/T Drag Radial rear tires, 26x4.5x15 M/T ET bias ply front tires.

own customizing
-hole cut in the stock hood, so the air filter sticks out for ram air.

so what ya think........could i hit low 12's? or ya
wheelliftin351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:23 PM
  #2  
CMOC Rookie
Thread Starter
 
wheelliftin351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK
Posts: 125
bump.......
wheelliftin351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:09 PM
  #3  
CMOC Postaholic
 
Terminal Velocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Blackfalds AB
Posts: 1,163
Look at some of the other guys time's on here............12's on a N/A stock 351?
i hate to be the bucket of cold water on life but thats alittle unrealistic id say if you were in low 15's or high 14's youed be off to a good start
Terminal Velocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 PM
  #4  
CMOC Elite
 
tear u a new 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: blackfalds, ab
Posts: 1,589
hes got a light car ( notch , oh hell ya)if you look at the times slip page rob , guys are running stock bottom ends with mods to the top only and are running 11s in the 1/4 with speeds from 113 to 117mph, it dosent take a whole lot to get these little cars movin.thats why the notch cars are the most sought after but if its stock a 351 with top end stuff he might be able to get around the low 13 to high 11s. some of the fox cars are running 11-13s with little mods. lighter car= faster( being a red car helps....... not yours)lol

Last edited by tear u a new 1; 06-17-2007 at 11:04 PM.
tear u a new 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:16 AM
  #5  
CMOC Postaholic
 
Terminal Velocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Blackfalds AB
Posts: 1,163
Originally Posted by tear u a new 1 View Post
hes got a light car ( notch , oh hell ya)if you look at the times slip page rob , guys are running stock bottom ends with mods to the top only and are running 11s in the 1/4 with speeds from 113 to 117mph, it dosent take a whole lot to get these little cars movin.thats why the notch cars are the most sought after but if its stock a 351 with top end stuff he might be able to get around the low 13 to high 11s. some of the fox cars are running 11-13s with little mods. lighter car= faster( being a red car helps....... not yours)lol
You can have an opinion when you actually "go to a race track sometime"
so what do you figure your car is? by your way of thinking it should be a 10 second ride with all kinds of modifacations done to it i bet you dont break high thirteens in yours
When a stock 351 was what 240hp?(depending on year) a set of headers a carb and a intake isnt going to launch you into the 12's as for light now look at the first car on this page hes running 12's in the same car with the same engine but WAY MORE modifacations and a full race tranny with trans brake than Wheelliftins car .......................oooooooooh and look at the wieght its 3000lbs thats far from the 1900lbs you told me your old notch wieghed
http://www.fordmuscle.com/readerscars/viewcars.php?id=4
99-04'GT's wiegh in at about 3500lbs so if the theory is correct 1 tenth per 100 lbs
the "light no option" fox should have about a half a second advantage but wait they didnt make and power out of the box 215hp stock so it pretty damn close
So apperantly more than a few people need to wake up and smell reality
Terminal Velocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 AM
  #6  
CMOC Rookie
Thread Starter
 
wheelliftin351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by Terminal Velocity View Post
Look at some of the other guys time's on here............12's on a N/A stock 351?
i hate to be the bucket of cold water on life but thats alittle unrealistic id say if you were in low 15's or high 14's youed be off to a good start
thats immposible specially with all the suspension work there is a completly stock 83 gt here with a stock 351 that runs 13.2
wheelliftin351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 AM
  #7  
CMOC Rookie
Thread Starter
 
wheelliftin351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by Terminal Velocity View Post
You can have an opinion when you actually "go to a race track sometime"
so what do you figure your car is? by your way of thinking it should be a 10 second ride with all kinds of modifacations done to it i bet you dont break high thirteens in yours
When a stock 351 was what 240hp?(depending on year) a set of headers a carb and a intake isnt going to launch you into the 12's as for light now look at the first car on this page hes running 12's in the same car with the same engine but WAY MORE modifacations and a full race tranny with trans brake than Wheelliftins car .......................oooooooooh and look at the wieght its 3000lbs thats far from the 1900lbs you told me your old notch wieghed
http://www.fordmuscle.com/readerscars/viewcars.php?id=4
99-04'GT's wiegh in at about 3500lbs so if the theory is correct 1 tenth per 100 lbs
the "light no option" fox should have about a half a second advantage but wait they didnt make and power out of the box 215hp stock so it pretty damn close
So apperantly more than a few people need to wake up and smell reality
stock 351windsor's put out 280 horse to the wheels, i already know my car will run 13.2 in the 1/4...after having a long long talk with the guy in his 83 stang. i was just wondering how far into the 12's i would get with major suspension work and some extra goodies.
wheelliftin351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 AM
  #8  
CMOC Postaholic
 
Terminal Velocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Blackfalds AB
Posts: 1,163
Originally Posted by wheelliftin351 View Post
stock 351windsor's put out 280 horse to the wheels, i already know my car will run 13.2 in the 1/4...after having a long long talk with the guy in his 83 stang. i was just wondering how far into the 12's i would get with major suspension work and some extra goodies.
Thats funny in 1992 in the f-150 the 351w was rated at 200hp do you really wanna dip down into the 80's 351's? i would be money its less than in 92
trust me i own several of 351's and 302's and in stock or "just bolt on" trim i dont car if you mount it on a skateboard it isnt going to run 12's
Ive also owned 4 mustangs in my life a 79' 4cyl conversion (notch) with a stock 302 and it wasnt a 14 second car even. a 81 capri RS, and a 85 GT and now my 04
but whatever im not going to argue the point slap it together with a Top end kit and see what you get...................oh and a stock torque converter in your C4
Are the two of you aware that Santa isnt real either?
Terminal Velocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 PM
  #9  
CMOC Newbie
iTrader: (7)
 
White_Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 103
230HP, BUT what are they rated for torque?

Whats that saying? "HP sells cars, But torque wins races"?
White_Snake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM
  #10  
CMOC Elite
 
tear u a new 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: blackfalds, ab
Posts: 1,589
Originally Posted by Terminal Velocity View Post
You can have an opinion when you actually "go to a race track sometime"
so what do you figure your car is? by your way of thinking it should be a 10 second ride with all kinds of modifacations done to it i bet you dont break high thirteens in yours
When a stock 351 was what 240hp?(depending on year) a set of headers a carb and a intake isnt going to launch you into the 12's as for light now look at the first car on this page hes running 12's in the same car with the same engine but WAY MORE modifacations and a full race tranny with trans brake than Wheelliftins car .......................oooooooooh and look at the wieght its 3000lbs thats far from the 1900lbs you told me your old notch wieghed
http://www.fordmuscle.com/readerscars/viewcars.php?id=4
99-04'GT's wiegh in at about 3500lbs so if the theory is correct 1 tenth per 100 lbs
the "light no option" fox should have about a half a second advantage but wait they didnt make and power out of the box 215hp stock so it pretty damn close
So apperantly more than a few people need to wake up and smell reality
what the is your problem , cant you read , go to timeslips and look before you open your **** hole. i never once said my car weighs 1900 lbs. buts its lighter than yours. ill tell ya what ill go weigh it today so youll shut your mouth.dont worry my car will see the track AFTER its tuned, then i and everyone else will get to see what it can do, and take that stupid sig down. i dont know whats crawled up your *** but if you read the TIMESLIPS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE there are a few cars there running 11-13 on basically stock bottoms and modded top ends.
tear u a new 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Quick Reply: times?


Contact Us Sitemap Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.